JOB OPENING—TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE, COSMETICS DIVISION
COMPANY: CHEMSPEC, LTD.
POSITION TITLE: Technical Sales Representative
ACADEMIC PREREQUISITES: B.S., Biology and/or Chemistry
PREFERRED GEOGRAPHICAL REGION: New York Metropolitan Area
APPLICABLE WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-4 Years
CHEMSPEC, LTD. is a privately-held company, majority-owned by Paris-based international specialty chemical distribution firm, SAFIC-ALCAN. CHEMSPEC’s corporate offices are located in Uniontown (Akron), Ohio. It is a specialty raw materials distributor, servicing the United States cosmetic ingredients industry, and also the North American industrial polymer compounding market.
CHEMSPEC’s parent company, SAFIC-ALCAN, is a leader in cosmetic ingredients distribution across Europe. And in order for SAFIC-ALCAN to maintain this momentum and continue to grow its market-share, CHEMSPEC unveiled its Cosmetics Division in October, 2015. Since its inception, the Cosmetics Division has seen positive growth, and is consequently looking to expand and add a new a Technical Sales Representative to help support this business and continue to grow CHEMSPEC’s brand and product portfolio in the U.S. cosmetics Industry.
The Technical Sales Representative will report directly to the Cosmetics Division Sales & Marketing Director. The Sales Representative will promote and sell CHEMSPEC’s product line across the United States. This entails such things as, but not limited to:
· Supporting the Sales & Marketing Director in creating a marketing plan for each CHEMSPEC’s product, to include applications, target customers, market volumes, market pricing, etc.;
· Face-to-face visits and phone calls with customer and potential customer key employees, such as R&D and procurement managers (approximately 50% of time will include travel);
· Provide technical support of CHEMSPEC products to customers and potential customers;
· Maintain and grow CHEMSPEC products sales at active customers to achieve budget targets;
· Develop and lead a pipeline of new opportunities at potential customers;
· Provide to CHEMSPEC management, on a routine basis, written reports entailing all of the above, such as sales call notes.